The Parks & Recreation Department offers facilities for gatherings, sporting events, and family fun.
Raymond E. Santmyers Youth Center
200 E. 8th St., Front Royal, VA 22630
The Raymond E. Santmyers Youth Center is available for private rental. Reservations must be made at least one week in advance and are subject to availability. The meeting room will accommodate up to 150 people.
Youth Athletics and Fitness
Various athletic camps co-sponsored with local high schools.
Six picnic shelters are located in Gertrude E. Miller Community Park at 8th Street and Stadium Drive in Front Royal. Lion’s Park, on the U.S. 522 Bypass at Warren Avenue, and the Burrell Brooks Jr. Community Park on East Criser Road also feature shelters. Contact the Warren County Parks & Recreation Department for information on renting any of these picnic shelters.
Several fields are available for rent for softball, baseball, and tennis, including:
- R.E. Mason Field and Field #2 at the Adult Softball Complex at Gertrude E. Miller Park
- Champions 53 and Bing Crosby Stadium baseball fields at Gertrude E. Miller Park
- Chimney Field Complex on Commonwealth Avenue features two youth softball fields, four lighted tennis courts, and a lighted basketball court
Claude A. Stokes Community Swimming Pool
Gertrude Miller Municipal Park, Bing Crosby Road
This is an Olympic-size, fully staffed public pool with a large wading pool for small children. There is a full-service concession with a picnic area and shelters. Locker rooms with showers are available. The pool opens Memorial Day weekend and is open on weekends only until the second week of June, when it opens daily until Labor Day. Private parties may rent the pool.
- Lands Run: Trout (not stocked)
- North Fork Shenandoah River: Smallmouth bass, redbreast sunfish
- Shenandoah River (Main Stream): Smallmouth, largemouth, and rock bass; redbreast sunfish; channel catfish
- South Fork Shenandoah River: Smallmouth, largemouth, and rock bass; redbreast sunfish; bluegill; muskellunge, channel catfish
Public Boat Landings (No Fee)
- Front Royal Boat Landing: Luray Avenue
- Indian Hollow Boat Launch: Route 340 South to Bentonville, right on Route 613
- Karo: Route 340 South for 5 miles
- Morgan’s Ford Low Water Bridge: Happy Creek Road (Route 624)
- Riverton: Route 340/522 North, right on Riverton Road (Route 637)